E-Mail Youtube Instagram














Review: TooFaced Chocolate Gold Palette (+ swatches!)
Monday 5 February 2018 at February 05, 2018
The first eyeshadow palette review of 2018 is here and we're kicking things off with the newly released TooFaced Chocolate Gold Palette! This palette was first released in the US (and perhaps the UK) in December last year, and when I spotted it in a couple of Youtube videos last year, it was a moment of love at first sight. I knew that I had to get my hands on it the moment it becomes available here in Singapore. True enough, this palette came in stores just on the 1st of February 2018, which... Is also the day I bought it. Hehe.


Frankly speaking, I've never really been into TooFaced products (I bought one of their chocolate powders years ago and it broke me out), until I purchased the TooFaced Sweet Peach palette in 2017 and it easily became one of my most used eyeshadow palettes in 2017. It was so unexpected, but I loved the Sweet Peach palette so much that I've brought it along with me for both my Korea (May'17) and Taiwan (Jan'18) trip! Since then, my opinions on TooFaced has completely changed, and now I am always on the lookout for their newly released products.



As usual, I like to start by talking about the packaging. Shape, and size-wise, this palette is very similar to the Sweet Peach palette. It appears to be rather bulky looking, but as I've mentioned, I've brought it along with me on multiple trips, so even though it is not the flattest palette in the world, it's still very travel-friendly because of its sturdy and durable packaging. You guys should know by now that cute packaging is one of my weaknesses, so I'm not gonna lie... The gold-dipped chocolate bar design probably makes up 30% of the reasons why I wanted this palette. The dripped effect of liquid gold is my favourite!



The final thing I'd like to point out about the packaging is the size of the mirror. As you can see, the mirror of this palette takes up the entire space as compared to their previous palettes, where the mirror only takes up ~60% of the space. I love palettes that comes with a huge mirror because it makes it even more convenient for me, especially when I'm travelling and don't have an access to a huge mirror to do my makeup.



Moving on to the actual eyeshadows, we've got a good selection of bold and loud shades, as well as some subtle ones for unadventurous people like myself.


One of the bold shades that caught my attention is Money Bags which is an emerald green shimmer. I've never, ever worn emerald green on my lids, but I honestly think that this is such a gorgeous colour! I am hoping to create a look based on this one day, so fingers crossed that it will suit my skin tone. Alongside Money Bags is Chocolate Gold, which is a bright, yellow-toned, gold shimmer. Bit too yellow for my liking, but I can only imagine packing this all over my lids for the Lunar New Year... I mean, how festive will that be?!


Another shade that caught my attention was Drippin Diamonds which is a pure silver shimmer eyeshadow. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to pull that off as my skin-tone is probably too warm for a striking silver. The last bold shade that I find worth mentioning is New Money, which is a bright fuchsia shimmer. I've always enjoyed wearing pinks on my lids so I'm not afraid to actually try this one out! I think it'll look fab when paired along with Famous, which is the warm-toned gold shimmer next to it. Again... It'll probably look really festive for the Lunar New Year season.



Moving on to the slightly more subtle shades. My favourites are definitely Classy & Sassy, which is a rose gold shimmer, and So Boujee, which is a matte medium beige. Using this palette, I've created a Valentine's Day date night look and I made sure to keep it more simple and romantic, something I'd wear on my first date night, rather than something dramatic. If you're interested to watch how I created this look, click here!




Overall, I have always been a glitter eyeshadow gal, so it just excites me that this palette is jam-packed with all the glitter shades I'll ever need in my life! As you can see from the swatches, the quality of these eyeshadows are amazing and I really appreciate that because when it comes to glitter eyeshadows, pigmentation is key. I mean if your glitter eyeshadows aren't shimmering in full force, why are you even wearing them?




That said, this palette is not for those who prefers staying on the matte side of eyeshadows because of the limited choices available in this palette, and to be honest, those matte shades are probably just there to help blend the glitter with your skin!

Labels: , , ,